Category Archives: Art Lessons

Art Lesson: Scarecrows

Happy Halloweeen everyone! Its good to have some fun with drawing. This lessons was just that.Fun! We learned a little about what scarecrows are used for. We talked about gardens, who had a garden at their home what they grew. We talked about crows and how birds like to get into the gardens to eat the food. Scarecrows are used to scare away the

Learn more


Art Lesson: Tropical Fish

What a colorful lesson this was! There is such a mystery when it comes to the ocean. There are new creatures yet to be discovered and so much to learn in the ocean. Of all the water on Earth, 97.5% is contained within the oceans, while the remaining 2.5% is freshwater lakes and frozen water locked up in glaciers and the polar ice caps

Learn more


Art Lesson: Pumpkins – Drawing From a Still Life

Pumpkins. I think that these little pumpkins are just too cute! I knew the kids would get a kick out of taking home a little pumpkin. It also made for a great lesson on still life. Each child had their own pumpkin surrounded with leaves to do a observational drawing. Here is a video I posted on my Facebook Page to learn how pumpkins

Learn more


Art Lesson: H is for House

 4-6 Year old class This was a different lesson but I felt like it would be interesting to ask kids about where they lived. Questions like….Do you have a dog or cat? What color is your house? Do you have a tree in your yard? Kids drew a generic house but added details that were relivent to their homes. Like a dog or cat if

Learn more


Art Lesson: Jungle Animals

This was an inspiring lesson! This lesson took two weeks to finish. Children learned about the ocelot. The ocelot is similar in appearance to a domestic cat. Its fur resembles that of a clouded leopard or jaguar and was once regarded as particularly valuable. As a result, hundreds of thousands of ocelots were once killed for their fur.  The ocelot is also known as the dwarf leopard, is a wild cat distributed extensively over South America including the islands

Learn more


Art Lesson: All about Robots!

Robots are a Hot Topic for kids! I went to the Library and had a hard time finding a book. Tons and tons of the Robot books were checked out and its is no surprise Robots are cool and fun. People have been making movies about them for years and I think it is safe to say that adults like robots just as much

Learn more


Art Lesson: X is for Xanthus

Xanthus who? Xanthus and Balius were, according to Greek mythology, two immortal horses, who pulled Chariots and were said to be able to speak human language.  Xanthus was a golden red colored horse and Balius was a white and black appaloosa horse. Here is a video I posted to my Facebook page for the Children to see and learn from. This is so inspiring and

Learn more


Art Lesson: BMX Bikes!

I try to make lessons that my students find interesting. Having a few boys who participate in BMX this is something they told me they would love to draw! I was excited about this lesson as well. We had a bike to draw from that was good for observing and created a fun element for the lesson. Here is the Video clip posted on

Learn more


Art Lesson: R is for Rabbit!

Drawing through the Alphabet R is for Rabbit. Of course we read the classic book Peter Rabbit. A favorite among many children. We also learned about Rabbits. They come in many different colors. Black brown spotted and white. Some are pets and some are wild. Pet Rabbits are usually called Bunny Rabbits. Hares are related to Rabbits except they are always wild. We observed

Learn more


Drawing Lesson: Cadie from Canada Cheng from China.

I love drawing through Geography because of the experience kids get to learn about and draw other kids around the world! This lesson was about Cadie from Canada and Cheng from China. Here is a cute video clip of a little boy teaching chinese. I posted this to my facebook page for parents to show their children to enhance learning and give the kids

Learn more